The Best Night of the Year: Back to School Night

Back to school night was a success here at Lompoc High School! On September 7th LHS hosted a Back to School Night. The purpose of this event was for parents to come with their students and get to know their teachers and classes. This event included senior parent info and a PTSA meeting. Along with that there was a period of time where students and their guardians could walk around to their students’ classes. Each class was a short amount of time which consisted of the teacher talking about expectations in the classroom and what students would be learning throughout the year.

During this time, parents could ask any question they had about the class and teachers could answer. Along with back to school night, there was a parent meeting hosted in the little theater regarding LHS Honors math students. The purpose of this meeting was to clear up questions and give more information about this new class at LHS.

This back to school night was especially exciting because it is the first year LHS has held it in person, since Covid. Instead of parents and students having to figure out how to get on the zoom calls, they could come in person and talk to the teachers a lot easier.

Overall, It was great to have parents and students come to LHS and be a part of this event to start off a great school year. Thanks to all the parents who came out to campus to support their students!