Lompoc High Chalks

A community event.

The Lompoc Chalks event this year has taken place at the Lompoc Airport spanning two days from October 21st-23rd. This event was hosted by the Lompoc Theatre Project in hopes to raise money in restoring the local theatre while also having fun and celebrating artists’ work at the same time! Two major sponsors, Santa Barbara Bowl Outreach and Lompoc Grocery Outlet, helped in being able to provide entertainment and activities for the community and kids too. The Santa Barbara Bowl Outreach organization was able to help provide a space for our youth and local performers to share their talents on stage. As for Lompoc Grocery Outlet, they were able to provide fun activities for kids that attended with bounce houses, face painting, kids yoga, crafts, and more squares. Other sponsors that aided the Lompoc Theatre Project and squares were honored on the website and on social media. 

Not only was the community of Lompoc engaged in this event, but also the students of Lompoc High! The Lompoc Valley Art Association aided in sponsoring a square for students, Alin Ramirez, Candice Lauderdale, and Nevaeh Medellin to design and express their art on. Lompoc High’s own art club was able to sponsor another square for students, Tania Navarrete and Clara Ainsworth with advisor, Ms. Alvarez. With the collaboration of the students, they were able to create masterpieces that can be viewed by the public and community. Our performing arts students were a part of this event as entertainment with performances by the Sapphire Dance team and Marching Band club. 

Overall, this event was able to celebrate the love of arts across different categories while supporting a local organization within our community. To learn more information about the Lompoc Theatre Project and Lompoc Chalks, they can be found at https://lompoctheatre.org/chalks.