The Smoke Signal

The Student News Site of Lompoc High School

• September 20Welcome Back all Alumni!
  • September 20Homecoming Dance- THIS SATURDAY!

The Smoke Signal

The Smoke Signal

Slow Motion Meets Game Day

The beginning of the school year always feels like it’s in slow motion.

The beginning of the school year always feels like it’s in slow motion. No time to slow down though because Lompoc’s football season has started. The first game happened on Thursday, August 17. Lompoc was versus Agoura hills. First up was the JV team, and they were fired up. There were a lot of injuries, #9 even broke his wrist. Cheer was engaged and cheering for the team. They were selling programs for a chance to win a raffle. Agoura won 9-0. 

Varsity’s ambience was there. #1 got a touchdown, but just like JV, there were a lot of injuries. #6 was injured. Turning the page to better news, the halftime show was marvelous. Sapphire had a routine and cheer did as well. Both teams did amazing,  Sapphire performed Burnitup by Janet Jackson. Cheer performed the song Let’s get Loud by JLO. Danceline had a wonderful routine and our band had a great tone. The performances were amazing, you’ll have to see it for yourself. There was also a chance to catch a free shirt, they were using a cannon to launch them. Agoura won 23-7. This will only give us motivation. The players on both sides fought for their respective teams. Let’s go Braves!