The Smoke Signal

The Student News Site of Lompoc High School

• September 20Welcome Back all Alumni!
  • September 20Homecoming Dance- THIS SATURDAY!

The Smoke Signal

The Smoke Signal

Twenty Twenty Four

It is a start of one of the memories of the final year of class 2024.

Recently, Lompoc High’s senior class had their Senior Barbecue in our Huyck Stadium. The Senior Barbecue is one of the many events that the seniors get to enjoy throughout their last year. During the Barbecue, the seniors got to enjoy time with their friends by taking part in class photos in the bleachers and behind them standing in a formation of their class year. A tradition where they paint the class number in the grass and students fill the numbers in following with a photo from above the stadium being taken. They also can dress up by painting their pants, making shirts, as well as making signs. After taking pictures with their friends, they were able to go to the snack bar where they were able to get some food and drinks. Then following that they can stay and hang out with their friends or they can leave. It is a start of one of the memories of the final year of class 2024. This is one of many traditions that occur at Lompoc High School for the seniors.