The Smoke Signal

The Student News Site of Lompoc High School

• September 20Welcome Back all Alumni!
  • September 20Homecoming Dance- THIS SATURDAY!

The Smoke Signal

The Smoke Signal

What’s the Situation?

Whats the Situation?

Students from LHS had the opportunity to go and have an experience at the Reagan Museum Situation Room. It was a field trip given to the students in Journalism as an AG Field Trip. As they learned how to communicate and connect with new people, they had to go through problem solving in the position of somebody working with the government. Students also had the opportunity to learn about all the different historic pieces in the Museum. They walked through different historical pieces and even through Ronald’s private plane as they analyzed and learned what was truly going on inside.

One of the students who attended this field trip was interviewed and gave some feedback to the questions asked. She expressed that, “My experience was amazing. I learned a lot about American history. I enjoyed seeing all the cool things in the museum. I was expecting to get active and meet new people. I would describe the trip as informative, eye opening and thrilling. I would definitely recommend this field trip to anyone who enjoys history and likes problem solving.”. Yuridia Amezcua had a wonderful experience at the Reagan Museum and anyone seeking to learn more about our country, you should take the opportunity to go to this awesome museum!