The Smoke Signal

The Student News Site of Lompoc High School

• September 20Welcome Back all Alumni!
  • September 20Homecoming Dance- THIS SATURDAY!

The Smoke Signal

The Smoke Signal

Tis’ the Season

Erin McVicker

Every holiday season for the past three years, Lompoc Cheer and Pom have hosted their Holiday Jubilee, alongside Danceline for the past two years. The Jubilee showcases what the students have been working on throughout the beginning of the year. This year’s theme was the “Nutcracker.” As much as it’s a show for the Spirit Leaders, it’s really to showcase the kids and what they have learned. The kids are the main part of the show! They are able to sign up to be a part of it, then the Spirit Leaders host a clinic to teach the routines to the kids. It stretches from ages 5-14, then they are broken up into their age group for routine, such as our Nutcrackers being from ages 5-8, our Gumdrops from ages 5-8 as well, our Marshmallows from ages 9-10, and lastly our Jingle Bells from ages 11-14. Then the next few days they join the Spirit Leaders at the Civic Theater to run all their routines and get a feel for how the show will go. As for the Spirit Leaders, they also have routines. Including their opener with Danceline to “The Christmas Song”, their grade level routines, Danceline with their own routine, as well as an advanced routine to “Winter Wonderland”. This is such a fun tradition not just for the kids but also for the Spirit Leaders!