The Smoke Signal

The Student News Site of Lompoc High School

• September 20Welcome Back all Alumni!
  • September 20Homecoming Dance- THIS SATURDAY!

The Smoke Signal

The Smoke Signal

You Are Never Alone!

LHS invites you to the new club Y.A.N.A! We focus on discussions and activities meant for improving student’s social skills and mental health. Interested in making new friends and connections? Stop by Ms. Ludden’s room, located at SS-4.

Y.A.N.A, which stands for “You Are Not Alone”, is a worldwide school slogan that LHS has turned into a newly student-operated club. With the purpose of bringing students together, the club will include student-led discussions, interactive activities, fundraisers, and many more on Mondays during lunch from 12:20 pm-12:50 pm, every week. 

Another aspect this group offers to LHS students is being able to freely discuss their mental health without having to miss class, and have the opportunity to connect with other students who may be going through the same situations.

President and creator of Y.A.N.A., Michael Buenavista, desires for the club to become a safe spot for many students to come together without judgment or intimidation. He wishes to focus on student’s ability to improve their social skills and emotional health.

On January 22, we held our first welcome meeting with games and snacks during lunch. Invite a few friends and spread the word for next week’s meeting! We can make a change for LHS and its students just with your presence. We hope to see you there!