The Smoke Signal

The Student News Site of Lompoc High School

• September 20Welcome Back all Alumni!
  • September 20Homecoming Dance- THIS SATURDAY!

The Smoke Signal

The Smoke Signal

A Break From School

While some students get excited when they hear the words, “Winter break”, there are some that don’t. Not everyone likes to have breaks during school. This could be due to the fact that there are situations outside of school that students don’t typically enjoy.

Nevertheless, to most teenagers in high school, winter break is a time in which they can have some free time, hanging out with friends and family and not having to worry about classwork. Some families even go on vacation during this three week break. 

Winter break has three holidays which people get to celebrate. There is Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New years. These are some fun times which allow for families and friends to gather all together. 

Senior, Hannah Brooks, said that she was “excited to come back since it means I’m close to graduating!”. Another student that attends Lompoc High School, who is a Sophomore, Brooklynn Garzon, said that at first she was excited to return but quickly remembered all the homework she would be having. 

What did you do during break? And do you feel the same way as some students from Lompoc High School?