The Smoke Signal

The Student News Site of Lompoc High School

• September 20Welcome Back all Alumni!
  • September 20Homecoming Dance- THIS SATURDAY!

The Smoke Signal

The Smoke Signal

Let’s Glow Braves

Learn about the first spirit week of the school year.

Spirit week is a week where students show their brave pride to LHS. During spirit week there is a new subject everyday for students to dress up as. Spirit week gives brightness to the school by allowing people to show their joy around the school. Here at LHS many people partake in spirit week. Spirit week for the Lompoc vs. Cabrillo game included Monday-Clash the comp, Tuesday-Twin Day, Wednesday-Jersey day, Thursday-Color rush, and Friday-GLOW Braves.

Mrs.Coelho, the organizing teacher of LHS spirit week was asked a few questions about spirit week. How do you decide when spirit week takes place? How do you plan what each day is gonna be? What is fun about making spirit week?  She said “…we usually connect them to bigger events on campus…” These events consist of The Big Game, Homecoming, Valentine’s, and so on.

She informed us that “All our dress up days are decided on by our ASB students. They all vote on their favorites”. This is a good way to decide because we get what the students want. That way the students are more likely to participate. 

Mrs.Coelho says that the most fun part of spirit week is participating and seeing everyone’s outfits. She said she loves showing school spirit in her outfits. We should all show school spirit by participating in spirit week. Go Braves!

Here are some people who took part in spirit week!