The Smoke Signal

The Student News Site of Lompoc High School

• September 20Welcome Back all Alumni!
  • September 20Homecoming Dance- THIS SATURDAY!

The Smoke Signal

The Smoke Signal

Coming Back To School

Learn about students feelings towards returning back to school.

On August 14,2023 new and recent students headed back to school for the start of a new year. When coming back to school students had mixed emotions. Many students, especially freshman’s, were scared and nervous, while others were just excited to come back and see their friends. I’m sure most of you guys are or already feel exhausted from coming to school. In this article, you’ll find out how freshman and upperclassmen feel about coming back for a new school year.

When asking students how they felt about coming back to school I received more negative responses than positive responses. Monica Lopez, a freshman at Lompoc high-school  stated, “I wish it was still summer, the thought of coming back to school stressed me out, But I kinda enjoy coming back to school because I get to socialize with my friends and have fun.” This is similar to what Ana Zepeda, a Junior at Lompoc high-school  said, “I feel stressed because school means homework and studying for tests and for me it’s really stressful sometimes, but on the bright side I’m able to see my friends which makes school more enjoyable.” 

We are now in week 6 of school, most students have gotten used to the schedule. Aeries is now available, check your grades Braves!!