The Smoke Signal

The Student News Site of Lompoc High School

• September 20Welcome Back all Alumni!
  • September 20Homecoming Dance- THIS SATURDAY!

The Smoke Signal

The Smoke Signal

Events, Dances, and Spirit Oh My!

Associated Student Body

Wondering who plans all the school dances and fun events we have at our school? Well then if you are, it’s ASB! ASB stands for Associated Student body. ASB organizes some of the school events to help make our experience in High School a little bit more exciting. There are two types of ASB, executive and class. ASB is a way of being able to participate in more activities during the school year.

ASB has meetings every Tuesday during lunch in room R-2. ASB organizes a number of school events like Assemblies and Glow dance. The Junior class usually plans Prom and Senior class plans Homecoming. Every year ASB organizes Lompoc VS Cabrillo spirit week. They also approve purchases and new clubs on campus. Anyone is free to go to the meetings and participate. ASB always finds a way of making waking up and going to school everyday a little bit more interesting and fun. Freshman elections for student council are soon, remember the date, October 13th! 

Avery Torres and Sianna Thao are ASB’s executive President and Vice President. They hold meetings with every class to get updates and approve purchase orders. ASB has their own Instagram page where they post new activities and events that may be going on. You can find it at @lompocasb. ASB announces new events on the morning announcements and on their Instagram. Overall ASB is a very fun and inclusive club that anyone can join and get involved in.