The Smoke Signal

The Student News Site of Lompoc High School

• September 20Welcome Back all Alumni!
  • September 20Homecoming Dance- THIS SATURDAY!

The Smoke Signal

The Smoke Signal

Glow It Up!

Lompoc High’s Glow Dance of 2023 was a successful event. The event occurred after Lompoc High’s big game rivalry with Cabrillo High School, which ended in Lompoc winning with a score of 54-14. The dance was glow in the dark themed, everyone came dressed in neon attire or some sort of clothes related to them, including the staff. The event lasted for what seemed like a short period of time. “The dance wasn’t really what I expected”, says student, Bella Campos. Students expressed how much work had gone into the dance and how cool the decorations looked. Some expressed that the music wasn’t exactly their taste, nonetheless they still made the best out of it. Jassmille Gonzalez, another student who attended the dance mentioned “I really enjoyed the decorations and school spirit in the gym”. Activities Director Ashley Coelho put in lots of time to make this dance so successful. She got help from ASB students and her personal TA’s to bring it all to life. Everyone could agree what a great job they did! Overall, the students were very thankful for all that hosted this Glow Dance and enjoyed a place to celebrate their victory against Cabrillo.