The Smoke Signal

The Student News Site of Lompoc High School

• September 20Welcome Back all Alumni!
  • September 20Homecoming Dance- THIS SATURDAY!

The Smoke Signal

The Smoke Signal

Let’s Go Seniors!

Senior night for Lompoc cheer was a huge success. After cheering on the sidelines and keeping the crowd motivated and engaged, each senior cheerleader was announced on the football field along with family members. They gave a sweet closing speech that was read out loud to the crowd about their cheer experience. It was truly an unforgettable night. There were 20 senior cheerleaders announced in total. Tatiana Mendez, a senior on varsity, was asked in an interview how her night was going. She expressed, “it was bittersweet and I’m sad it’s all over and I loved spending our last game together. Sophomore cheerleaders Alexis Berry and KiLeanna Figuereo were asked about how they felt seeing the seniors move on and they shared, “It’s pretty sad. I’ve grown close to them but it’s good seeing them flourish and grow into themselves.” The night ended with hugs and laughs and an amazing halftime performance. Although it was sad knowing the seniors’ last moments were coming ahead, they made the best out of their night and the rest of their football season. With it now being over, they look forward to their Spring Dance Show showcasing all their skills learned over the years. We love you Seniors!