Fresh Out of Water: Jassmile Gonzalez

Welcome back Fresh Out of Water readers, Today our subject of this article will be Jassmile Gonnzalez! Being an inspiring dancing queen, Jassmile is delighted to be a part of this experience. Please welcome her with open arms.

Starting off with our first question of this interview; we asked her if she had always lived in Lompoc.

“Yes, I have always lived in Lompoc, but I was born in Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital.”

Question 2; how was the change from middle school to high school?

The change from middle school to high school was quite different. There is more pressure to do well in school and more responsibilities. And the things you do in high school matter more than anything now.”

Question 3; what is her input on the school?

“I think the school is alright, but could be a lot better. Some students could have more positive behavior, and some teachers could put better effort into what they teach.”

Question 4; what are Jassmile’s hobbies?

“I enjoy reading. I have been an avid reader since I was young. Reading has really helped me through a lot of things. My favorite books are The Poppy War trilogy by R.F. Kuang, Vicious by V.E Schwab.”

Question 5; what clubs is she in?
“I am currently not in any clubs, but I am on the dance team.”

Those were simple questions about her life. Now, we will be moving on to what sports she is in and what role she plays in said sports.

Question 6; what age was Jassmile when she took interest in dance?

“I was 14 when I first took interest in dance. High school was when I first started dancing, but before that I did gymnastics.”

Question 7; what made her take interest in her sport?

“I took interest in dance because everyone told me to do a sport in high school so I chose to audition for dance and got in.”

Question 8; has she sustained any injuries from taking dance?

“ have not sustained any injuries from dance.”

Question 9; what does she do in her sport/ what role does she play?

“I don’t exactly have a role, I just dance.”

Question 10; does Jassmile see herself doing this sport in the future?

“I do see me doing this sport in the future but for fun, not as a job.”

Question 11; is there a coach or athlete that she looks up to as a role model?

“There are two athletes from my team that I look up to, Yeraldin Crespo, and Stephany Cervantes. They inspire me to be a better person and a better student.”

Question 12; if she could do any other sport, what would it be?

“If I could do any other sport I would do all star cheerleading. I would do this because it is the most similar to gymnastics.”

This comes to the end of this article and interview. We thank Jassmile for letting us interview her and we thank you guys for continuing to read our articles. Vanna and S. Files out!